3M™ Littmann® TeleSteth™ Server System
With the TeleSteth™ System, you can easily incorporate the outstanding performance of Littmann sound quality into your telemedicine program. Hear it. As if you were there.
Anytime, anywhere collaboration
Share heart, lung and other body sounds with colleagues located across the globe. Sounds are transmitted via a secure internet connection using the 3M™ TeleSteth™ System.
The revolutionary technology behind the TeleSteth™ System allows you to evaluate patient sounds remotely in real-time during an exam.
The TeleSteth™ System is designed to be accessed from a user’s PC through the internet.
Internet: TeleSteth™ System
The TeleSteth™ System allows you to conduct remote auscultations anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
The flexible, web-based architecture allows you to log onto the 3M™ Littmann TeleSteth™ System site where you can listen to a patient at a remote site using real-time live streaming.
How the TeleSteth™ System Works
IT Network Requirements
- A standard TCP/IP based network with DHCP or static IP address assignment. The application uses bidirectional TCP/IP communication.
- The minimum dedicated bandwidth required per active Consultant/Patient Site connection is approximately 150kbps.
- The 3M Littmann TeleSteth™ System is located at IP 184.108.40.206. The root URL for the 3M Server is telesteth.littmann.com.
- To download the TeleSteth™ Java Applet and log on to the TeleSteth™ System, ports 80 and 443 must be open.
- To host or join an active streaming session, the entire port range of 1100-1300 to the 3M Server at IP 220.127.116.11 must be open.
Minimum PC Specifications
- 1 gigahertz processor
- 512 megabytes available hard disk space
- 512 megabytes RAM
- Network bandwidth of 1.5 megabits/second
- Java 1.6.0 update 10
- Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (32 bit)
- Windows Vista, Service Pack 1 (32 bit)
- Windows 7 and 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- USB 1.1 (or greater) port to support a Bluetooth® adaptor using the Microsoft™ Bluetooth® drivers
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer versions 8, 9, or 10
Security and Privacy
- Bluetooth® wireless communication is 128bit encrypted
- The TeleSteth™ Data transmitted over the internet is SSL encrypted
- The TeleSteth™ System does not require the user to enter patient identifying information
- No patient/acoustic data is stored on the 3M Littmann TeleSteth™ System
- The TeleSteth™ System contains automated mechanisms to detect failed authentication & suspicious server activity and notifies administrators